Gutters can keep rainwater away from the foundation of your home. Summer thunderstorms are going to pour a lot of rain on your house, so it’s important to both install the gutters and keep them maintained.
- Shapes: K-style gutters are the most basic and most common. They look like crown molding and can be less obtrusive if you want. Half-round gutters look better on older homes, but that shouldn’t discourage you from integrating them into your modern home. Choose between round or square downspouts – you might also be interested in decorative spirals! Regardless of shape and size, all gutters are guaranteed to last. You just have to maintain them from time to time.
- Materials: Here you have numerous choices: aluminum, copper, steel, zinc, and vinyl. Each one has its own advantages and disadvantages. It all comes down to what you want.
- Gutterless: Traditional gutters, although useful, can be a bit unsightly sometimes. A gutterless version relies on louvers that turn the stream of water into a collection of droplets. These droplets are much softer and won’t do as much damage to your home and the yard around it.
- Siding: Your siding is one of the most important parts of your home’s exterior. Along with the roof and gutters, it helps protect the interior of your home against nature’s effects.
- Foundations and basements: The soil around the foundations can become oversaturated. On the surface, this doesn’t seem like an emergency. At least, not until you realize that eroded soil can squeeze around your foundation and that pressure can lead to cracks. These cracks can then let water into your basement.
- Soil erosion: Rain coming off the roof can lead to more soil erosion. Soil erosion is terrible for your yard but even worse for your home’s foundations, as we noted above.
- Garden: The upkeep on your gutters is worth it Plus, there’s an unexpected benefit: you can collect that water in barrels that you can redirect for gardening and landscaping needs.
For All of Your Contracting Needs, Call Jim Amos Contracting
Jim Amos Contracting has been serving the Anne Arundel County area for over 45 years. We apply our years of experience and expertise to every single job we do. We provide almost any home improvement service you can think of, from handyman services to complex home additions. Our business was built on our many return customers and their referrals, so we strive for 100% customer satisfaction. We will get every job done right the first time, on time and on budget. Give us a call at (410)-349-1700 or contact us through our website today. Jim Amos Contracting is looking forward to the chance to become your new favorite contractor!